DJ Max Technika 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to make LSS

Go down 
+3
Tequila(Steph)
Lee Haku
mas*b8
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mas*b8
High Class

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:51 pm

Low Scoring Set Guide

The boards for some reason, won't let me post this shit so this will be linked from there.

So there have been heaps of crews creating low score sets (LSS) this week, some of which not doing a terribly awesome job (S rank for the set?!.. come on, that is not a LSS set).

This is the correct way how to get the lowest possible score per song (yes, it's different for each song).

Facts that you should all (already):

(Originally from Azure's thread)

Max possible for any song: 300,000
RAINBOW MAX = 290,000 / number of notes for a chart (holds and drags are considered 1 note)
GREEN MAX = Rainbow max - 1
COOL = 70% of Rainbow max
GOOD = 40% of Rainbow max
MISS = 0
BREAK = 0

The other 10,000 comes from combo bonus
PP = 10,000
AC = 9,800
(I'm not sure how it's calculated for non-PP/AC)
With this, you can guess that with making LSS, you want the maximum number of GOODS. However, you can bring that number down further by hitting MISSES instead. Why a MISS and not a BREAK? You lose more health with BREAKS.

The only thing I'm not sure about here is how much life you lose/gain per GOOD/MISS. You want the maximum number of MISSES withOUT failing to lessen the number of points you get from GOODS. If you get a COOL or a MAX (rainbow/green), you are getting too many points and recovering a bit of health... which isn't optimal.

Now for the last bit that people may have neglected... with the information above, it doesn't mean you can just get the maximum number of MISSES straight up then GOOD everything else (this is considering you have the skill to do it... and also considering that GOOD do NOT recover your health). Why? Because you will be getting more points from the combo bonus than if you worked out the exact number of MISSES then breaking up the GOODcombo count with them.

Yeah... low scoring sugoi hard.

Good luck to the future LSS creators.
Back to top Go down
Lee Haku
Rookie
Rookie
Lee Haku

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:37 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again Bill,

You are one bored Motherfucker
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Sounds like you are giving me the thumbs up there, Haku.

By the way, if any of the above information is incorrect, please let me know... I'll fix that shit up like a monkey with a wrench (I don't know how that even makes sense).
Back to top Go down
Tequila(Steph)
Trendsetter
Trendsetter
Tequila(Steph)

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:08 pm

HEHEHE. LSS ANALYST =))
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:16 am

@Steph
Yeah... I just thought about how to do it. The hardest part IMO is factoring in holds. Everyone thinks they're easy but they give big combos which will pull your total up a bit. If you can afford to miss those, I think it'll be better... depending on what the song is anyway.
Back to top Go down
myojin
Middleman
Middleman
myojin

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:46 am

Just wanna share I did with my LSS (yeah, was just a B, but I think I did well enough):

- All the holds should be held early (as in as soon as they come up, I put a finger on it). Also, if health allows, letting go of the hold is a miss, and will help kill the combo.
- Putting a finger early on a note (waaay before the line comes near the note) is a miss. I always miss the first note. I always go for miss, then a combo of at least 10, then miss again. Except when I'm less than 1/4, that's when I try to keep alive, then I just miss the last notes as long as life allows it.
- For long sequences of notes next to each other, when I start to cool/max, I go faster. When I'm starting to miss/break, I go slower. I find hitting the note early is easier than hitting it late. When I go for a late hit, sometimes I still max the note.
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:10 am

@myojin
What's your crew? I'll try your set if I get a chance.

And yes, holds are a bit harder like that. I think you can actually MAX them though... then let go and it'll turn into a MISS. I haven't tested that theory out completely but from what I know, DMT doesn't count more notes than the song's total so it should work just fine.

I go early as well. I suck at doing it late.
Back to top Go down
myojin
Middleman
Middleman
myojin

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:21 am

It's ATCrew. Outlaw, Desperado and Rutin.

And from what I was told, holds are made of 2 notes: The beginning of the hold, and the end of the hold. If you max the start of the hold and let go before it finishes, that's a Max and a miss. Good and a miss would be better for lower score.

Though I haven't tested that yet. Don't know how I would go about doing that, heheh.
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:29 am

Oh really... holds are two notes now? Actually, that makes sense considering there are two explosions.. one at the start and one at the end.
Back to top Go down
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Hold is one note. you only get the points for the hold note if you finish it. say watch Trip HD video as they have long hold and it's slow and you can see the score only jumps when it finishes and none when you start it.

As for combo bonus, I can't come out with the right formula for it... forever. but combo bonus is calculated based on the no. of non-miss/break notes, regardless how you do it. So a song with 10 breaks at the first but FC the rest vs a song with 10 break in-between here and there will have the same combo bonus (85% true and I tested it before but in the spreadsheet there's some result which doesn't fulfill the theory...by a bit)
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Oh really? So the koreans don't know what a combo actually is. FFS. THANKS for the info, Raymond.
Back to top Go down
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:01 pm

mas*b8 wrote:
Oh really? So the koreans don't know what a combo actually is. FFS. THANKS for the info, Raymond.

Surprised the koreans should know what it is already but I stopped caring after so long. >_>

EDIT: if any of you are interested, this is fether's formula for combo bonus but I can't just get the formula to be correct with the data I have Surprised

Combo bonus (approx.) = -451.7 * ln(x) + 8196.4
where x = miss+break
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:33 pm

I would be interested if they counted a "combo" as an actual combo. Now it's just do whatever. I'll append my post later on.

Thanks dude.
Back to top Go down
myojin
Middleman
Middleman
myojin

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Ahh... no wonder the combo bonus still seems high if I break midway into a song.

Also thanks for the info on the hold note. So for LSS the best practice would be to break your holds in the middle, especially if you maxed it by accident. Of course, as long as your lifebar can still sustain a miss, heheh.
Back to top Go down
cklaighe
Middleman
Middleman
cklaighe

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:43 am

This was pointed to me by Vodka. and was cleared to me by Strey.

Beside the line, you can also check out the glow in the notes. For slow songs, press the note once the glow is near the end. This will give you COOL/GOOD. Once the light disappears = Rainbow Max
Back to top Go down
http://cklaighe.deviantart.com
mas*b8
High Class

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:41 am

Yeah.. that's what I use for songs in Blind. I really hate that effector.
Back to top Go down
myojin
Middleman
Middleman
myojin

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:52 am

I tried to use the light, thinking that as long as there was that light on the note, I would get good/cool. Turns out the window is really narrow. Like the last 3 frames of the light = cool, then 2 frames before that = good. It was really hard... so I just tried my best to play off-tune.
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:46 am

@ck
I gave up on your set. 178 on Divine Service, 200 (wtf) on Fate and 142 on Someday. That was actually my worst Fate score out of all my plays.
Back to top Go down
KYMMIES
Trendsetter
Trendsetter
KYMMIES

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:25 am

- bows down to bill - i still love you lss scores xD so pro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to make LSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make LSS   How to make LSS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to make LSS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DJ Max Technika 2 :: DJ Max Technicalities :: General Discussion-
Jump to: