DJ Max Technika 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question about score rankings (pp)

Go down 
+3
philz
Sticks
makotoken
7 posters
AuthorMessage
makotoken
High Class

Question about score rankings (pp) Empty
PostSubject: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:00 am

I don't know how to put this into words so I'll start with an example. I based this query on HSS info in technika.integriti.net and rankings on djmaxcrew.com

Let's say your current DJ rank in PP is #50 'cause you played songs A, B & C with a score of 5,000 then in another game, still in PP, you played songs X, Y & Z giving you a bit lower score about 3,50

my question is, does your DJ rank drop like from #50 to #110 because your record was overwritten?

~~

Currently, Mix Master DJ Bebeau ranked 1 in PP with a score of 739,052 'cause he/she played the HSS setthat composes of Flea TP, T TP & Hexad TP to which if you sum up the entire combo of this set, it equals to 743,614.

So this means, the ranking in PP is based on current scores (either highest or lowest )not the total sum of all the songs you played. Unlike in TP, the scores are summed.
Back to top Go down
http://oh-wheezers.blogspot.com
Sticks
Mix Master
Mix Master
Sticks

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:11 am

Easy. In PP the songs are scored and ranked seperately. e.g., if you play Flea TP, Fate PP then SSSS PP in one play, then First Kiss PP, Y TP then Sin PP in another play and finally Jealousy PP, random second stage song and Hexad TP in another play then the game will record the top three Highest scoring separate songs as the HSS in Pop mixing, Flea TP, Y TP and Hexad TP.

In technical play the HSS is counted as ONE set, you need to play the HSS in one play, not spread out over multiple plays. That's why people rage and whatnot when they stuff up in Technical Play whereas it's somewhat easier to nab the HSS in popular play (barring multiple unlocks through missions).
Back to top Go down
philz
Main DJ
Main DJ
philz

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:21 am

in other words

your [highest score] in a [single PP sitting] will be set as your [popular score/rank]

pretty much the same as how it works with TP sets

individual PP songs are ranked elsewhere
Back to top Go down
makotoken
High Class

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:25 am

Yes the songs in PP are scored and ranked separately but i think it doesn't record on separate gameplays. I think it's based on which 3 songs you play.

Upon finishing Mission 8, you get Flea TP for Stage 1 in PP
Upon finishing Mission 15, you get Y TP for Stage 2 in PP
Upon finishing Mission 22, you get Hexad TP for Stage 3 in PP

Have you tried playing different songs and checked if your ranking in pp and the songs you played changed?
Back to top Go down
makotoken
High Class

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:26 am

hmmmm i'll have to check this our myself :p
Back to top Go down
Tomoyo Daidouji
Professional
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:28 am

Pretty much.

Though PP has the "this song only" syndrome (TP a bit also).
Back to top Go down
KISSYCAT
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:17 am

although it doesn't suffer nearly as much as technical from the SCORES SCORES SCORES mentality since, i mean, you should try and get high scores on lots of songs not just three of them!
Back to top Go down
icecold
Mix Master
Mix Master
icecold

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:52 am

morale of the story : no point spamming them when you cant even do anything else .
Back to top Go down
sblmnlv2
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
sblmnlv2

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:36 am

lols quite true. there was no point for myself to aim for hss for pp when i couldn't even pass songs like white blue at the time.
but after playing alot it's good to aim for it peeps.
Back to top Go down
https://djmaxtechnikatp.forumotion.com
makotoken
High Class

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:45 am

icecold wrote:
morale of the story : no point spamming them when you cant even do anything else .

true.

so i guess everybody does know about the this song only rule.
Back to top Go down
icecold
Mix Master
Mix Master
icecold

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:55 am

you can spam HSS all you want , but does that mean you can own the missions ? nope , there's plenty of stuff that you have yet to see thanks to your spammage .

thank god for randomizer .
Back to top Go down
makotoken
High Class

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:31 am

icecold wrote:
you can spam HSS all you want , but does that mean you can own the missions ? nope , there's plenty of stuff that you have yet to see thanks to your spammage .

thank god for randomizer .

thanks. i thought i was the only one who thought spamming HSS is stupid.
Back to top Go down
icecold
Mix Master
Mix Master
icecold

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 am

well i spam HSS 90% of the time , but there's always missions and weeklys and specials to think about . LOL . though they give junk exp which it gives me 2nd thoughts .
Back to top Go down
makotoken
High Class

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:58 am

@icecold, lols XD

well hey orange! hey orange!.. KNIFE!

XD
Back to top Go down
icecold
Mix Master
Mix Master
icecold

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 am

hey orange orange !

you're not white nor blue .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about score rankings (pp)   Question about score rankings (pp) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about score rankings (pp)
Page 1 of 1