DJ Max Technika 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!

Go down 
+39
Lightbreaker
konata
EpicScrub
Novice
Pyrusette
kabuto
Ryuzul
miraine
neilcullado
iloveran
Kano
edwarudo
AEON00
Winter-sama
AceMilo._.
Lee Haku
Smiles
unregistered
Rabidus
mas*b8
Tuna
makotoken
Shion
DJ.Knives
icecold
puruputotsky
MSRB21
HenoUsabe
nlite
Sticks
Adziu
Tequila(Steph)
philz
Azure
Kei-kun
Dango
KYMMIES
ran00
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:10 pm

CosmoVibe wrote:
mas*b8 wrote:
@CosmoVibe
I'm level 18.. I think I'd notice NOT getting a SC during a pop game by now.

I'm not 'quite' positive, I AM positive.

Looked this up and found this: http://www.cyphergate.net/wiki/index.php?title=DJMAX_Technika_2

"Surprise Challenge have 2 types and each Pop Mixing will have 1 Surprise Challenge in it."

On top of that, I just asked Jeff, who is DJ level 23 I think, and he agrees with me.

I'm not saying you're most definitely wrong, but it is very likely. Although if you happen to be right, then wow does that suck for you. :/

That is written by me and you do notice it's a wiki so although I do my best to keep it relevant up-to-date (which means accurate), I can only say with that because till now, I haven't encounter once that I gotten no SC in a single pop play.

And this.. "No SC in Pop Mixing" issue came out like.. recently? lol perhaps it might be some sneaky update they did during 1 of the tuesday or something.

If there's more incident of it happening again, inform please! I'll try to look out for myself too but so far, I don't recall not being able to play SC in any Pop Mixing play (Well "not being able to play" and "impossible to play like SoS SP Blind Swipe Right when I'm a LEFT-HANDER DOESN'T HELP" is different)
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:23 pm

@CosmoVibe
I'm not taking anything away from Jeff cos I hear from Kymbo that he's a stand up guy and is pretty awesome, but level 23 means nothing but the fact that he's played a lot. Kymmies got to level 26 in what... 10 days or something.

Anyway, Azure pretty much sums up the rest. And to add (and summarise), SCs are common, but not guaranteed per game. SSCs are rare, but I've seen people get it twice in two consecutive games. That's a little outside your 50~60 game range.
Back to top Go down
EpicScrub
Trainee
Trainee
EpicScrub

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:41 pm

@CosmoVibe

So far in all the games Ive seen, there are several plays without SC's at all. Even Ive had 2 games so far without SC's at all O_O and the surprise challenges specials are also totally random Very Happy once Id gotten it twice in a row a couple of times (yes bill is talking about me) :3

From my experience Sc's appear like 90% of the time...really depends on your luck Razz *looks at Bill* >.> also if it took 50-60 games to get one SSC then daaaaaaaammn thats pretty unlucky Razz
Back to top Go down
miraine
Sub DJ
Sub DJ
miraine

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Just to contribute, I have also experienced having no sc's in two or three of my pop mixing plays.
Back to top Go down
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:14 pm

miraine wrote:
Just to contribute, I have also experienced having no sc's in two or three of my pop mixing plays.

Epicscrub wrote:
@CosmoVibe

So far in all the games Ive seen, there are several plays without SC's at all. Even Ive had 2 games so far without SC's at all O_O and the surprise challenges specials are also totally random once Id gotten it twice in a row a couple of times (yes bill is talking about me) :3

From my experience Sc's appear like 90% of the time...really depends on your luck *looks at Bill* >.> also if it took 50-60 games to get one SSC then daaaaaaaammn thats pretty unlucky

Just to get my data clearer, when did you guys start noticing this thing happen? like since last week or been long time?
Back to top Go down
miraine
Sub DJ
Sub DJ
miraine

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:33 pm

^Since T2 was only online here in the PH last week, I think it was sometime on tues or wed. And I'm pretty sure of the one I experienced on Friday since my friend teased me for it and he got karma later that afternoon. No sc for him. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:00 am

@Azure
Pretty much from day one. In fact, I was under the impression that SCs appeared once every couple or few games after the first day of play. The specials definitely appear less frequently but I'm getting them about once every 10 or so SCs. As Eugene said though, it's pretty random since he got a couple of specials in two consecutive games.
Back to top Go down
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:28 am

mas*b8 wrote:
@Azure
Pretty much from day one. In fact, I was under the impression that SCs appeared once every couple or few games after the first day of play. The specials definitely appear less frequently but I'm getting them about once every 10 or so SCs. As Eugene said though, it's pretty random since he got a couple of specials in two consecutive games.

By your definition, when is "day one"?
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:40 am

Sorry, it was about a week after we went online.. and that was the week BEFORE MPSU4.

That's about as accurate as I can get.
Back to top Go down
Dango
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:49 am

I have faced games without SC too and a number of times in fact, I'm wont say that it's not possible for them to face the same things too.
Back to top Go down
http://dango-in-a-bento.blogspot.com
Sticks
Mix Master
Mix Master
Sticks

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:43 am

mas*b8 wrote:
EotM is like riding a bike.. your body never forgets Smile

Congrats though. Any awesome rewards?

Think it was some piddling amount of MP (300 or something) or a song in Star mode. Rolling Eyes

Update on the SC sometimes not appearing thingy. I played 20 games straight today. ALL had SCs (three were SSCs, couldn't do any of them, One I distinctly remember was <1 break PTF MX Blink. Yeah, wut.) So yeah, sh*t happens. You get good days and bad days, lol.

Oh and I failed Sweet Dream NM Blind, fade in. Considering that i've NEVER EVEN SEEN the chart until that challenge, yeah... I need to play more easier songs. Shocked
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:23 am

Purchased Conqueror. Can't pass Blythe (only one play and started with stage 2 health.. don't know the chart very well yet).. can't pass Thor (game over a few measures before the end).

Good way to see of you're actually good at Thor or if you're just scraping passes.
Back to top Go down
KYMMIES
Trendsetter
Trendsetter
KYMMIES

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:26 am

WOOO!! i havnt touched that set im too scared LOL! they took out cos.!
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:07 am

... and kept Electronics lol

One break on that today. Might've been my best play on it since I never played Electro EP. Anyway, must practice Blythe and Thor!

Just out of interest, is anyone who's purchased Thor HD in pop still having problems with it? Even with a pop gauge, the chart is still pretty brutal.
Back to top Go down
Dango
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:08 am

I don't even have that set :3. GO PLAY ! take video of thor :p
Back to top Go down
Dango
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:09 am

@mas : o.o u slide or hit thor's pink? Surprised
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 am

@Dango
Sliding... of course. Tell ya what... I'm fucking shit at sliding Sad

Even with sliding, I can only clear it half the time in pop. Need to memorise the paths. Is there a video of anyone in the world who's passed it withOUT sliding?

Back to top Go down
KYMMIES
Trendsetter
Trendsetter
KYMMIES

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:21 am

i`ll get my friend to record me LOL
Back to top Go down
Sticks
Mix Master
Mix Master
Sticks

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:56 am

mas*b8 wrote:
... and kept Electronics lol

One break on that today. Might've been my best play on it since I never played Electro EP. Anyway, must practice Blythe and Thor!

Just out of interest, is anyone who's purchased Thor HD in pop still having problems with it? Even with a pop gauge, the chart is still pretty brutal.

I'm fairly consistent with the song in all parts EXCEPT the pink sliding crap. My health can (and sometimes will) dip to 1/4 or something, then i'll breeze through the purple tap spams hovering around 1/4 life, lol

Yeah I need to slide Thor pinks better. Or tap. tap-tap-tap-tap D:
Back to top Go down
Dango
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:58 am

@mas : do you nid my video? I didn't slide LOL
Back to top Go down
Dango
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:59 am

It's on facebook tho u have? Surprised
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:14 am

Nice vid, mate.

My right might be able to deal with the tapping but my left sucks... so my right simply gets overwhelmed. Ah well.
Back to top Go down
CosmoVibe
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:48 pm

mas*b8 wrote:
@CosmoVibe
I'm not taking anything away from Jeff cos I hear from Kymbo that he's a stand up guy and is pretty awesome, but level 23 means nothing but the fact that he's played a lot. Kymmies got to level 26 in what... 10 days or something.

Anyway, Azure pretty much sums up the rest. And to add (and summarise), SCs are common, but not guaranteed per game. SSCs are rare, but I've seen people get it twice in two consecutive games. That's a little outside your 50~60 game range.

Actually, that's kind of my point. If he has that much more playing experience, then he would probably understand better how often SCs come up in Pop mixing.

As for Kymmies getting to that level that quickly, while I understand it's an exaggeration holy crap that's still ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:51 pm

CosmoVibe wrote:
mas*b8 wrote:
@CosmoVibe

Actually, that's kind of my point. If he has that much more playing experience, then he would probably understand better how often SCs come up in Pop mixing.

As for Kymmies getting to that level that quickly, while I understand it's an exaggeration holy crap that's still ridiculous.

That's not exaggeration, lol it's the truth.

And I do see your point but I disagree with that, someone can spam Club Mixing instead and little of Pop Mixing to gain level as well and of course I (or any of us except you) never see how jeff plays in the first place so I (or us) can't say anything about it.

Something that we can probably find out is what's the occurance rate of SC happening (that's if anyone even bothers, I know I won't cause it doesn't change the fact what Mixing mode do I play)
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:16 am

@Azure
I can take note from now on, but there's no telling if they use any other variables (such as dj level, rate of play, songs played, etc..) are used in generating SCs or SSCs. I'll do what can though.. I'm 99% of level 19 now so I can start a fresh from level 20. Should I note what songs (with the difficulties) as well?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!   MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!! - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAIN DISCUSSION IS BACK!!
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next