DJ Max Technika 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Losing your card

Go down 
+8
myojin
Sticks
Rabidus
Azure
HenoUsabe
Tequila(Steph)
nlite
mas*b8
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mas*b8
High Class

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:57 am

So... I've lost my card for the third time now.. but this time it was on my wallet, which means I've lost my wallet. A whole new level of FUCK.

Anyway, having to redo everything again from scratch is going to be very painful.. especially unlocking shit like Challenger (cos the mission is boring as fuck). The SPs are fine except SP1 and 3. May's well go to sleep for 8 minutes. All the others are fun. Just cleared SP8 as well. What a gay this is.

Anyway, aside from the heartbreaking loss of Steph's card, anyone else lose their card and end up having to redo everything? After this happened the last time, I refused to touch Pop mode (sorry Kymbo) but did everything else.

Card name: AYYANGYI
-Out if action... again-
Back to top Go down
nlite
Sub DJ
Sub DJ

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:28 am

personally i haven't, but i know albert (bebeau) lost his card. he's under the alias of =D2>SOS= now.
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:30 am

Ahh.. that's who that is. I bet he got pussed off the first time it happened.
Back to top Go down
Tequila(Steph)
Trendsetter
Trendsetter
Tequila(Steph)

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:34 am

Lawl.

A lot have been losing their card >_>

I'll prolly go under a new alias soon o.o

@mas*b8
I GIVE YOU MY CONDOLENCES T^T *cries*
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:53 am

I made a new card but haven't transferred. I'll give it a couple of days just in case my wallet pops up. New card is "-XIO-"

A song but teranoid and MC Natsack.
Back to top Go down
Tequila(Steph)
Trendsetter
Trendsetter
Tequila(Steph)

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:55 am

^Hope you find it Very Happy

---

T^T Finally transferred my data T^T lol

Back to top Go down
HenoUsabe
Beginner
Beginner
HenoUsabe

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:38 am

Now, I am using the second card. Let's go back to around September 2009, when TNk in Thailand have only 6 TNK disc set (5 basic set and Challenger set unlocked from mission), the time I lost my first card. The most painful about it is...I lost it on the day I did All Combo the Core Sound Set for the first time. After that one hour, I found that it was not in my pocket, where it should be, and spent another hour to find it. So, I spent an another hour to go to the nearest TNK arcade that had the card available for sold (where I played at the first place didn't have) and bought the new one.
Back to top Go down
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:40 am

I can't really afford to lose my card... it's the panda design one >_<

There's a few instances where some of the SG players forgot to take the card but since usually we are in group, we will notice and help each other pick it up lol
Back to top Go down
Rabidus
Amateur
Amateur
Rabidus

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Aaaand Singapore's a small place.
I lost my card once before and got it back within the same week lol.
Back to top Go down
Sticks
Mix Master
Mix Master
Sticks

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:42 am

Well most people (the regulars) know who's who around here. Newer players not so much though.

Hope you find that card. I remember redoing missions/ranks when I transferred my old First Kiss card data to my panda card. I didn't have a lot of good scores but it was still a big pain in the butt.
Back to top Go down
myojin
Middleman
Middleman
myojin

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Losing one's card does suck. My condolences. I lost my first card when I left it in the machine after playing a set. I stepped off the machine and went around the arcade with my little sister. When I came back, someone just finished their turn, and left quickly. I took my turn, and realized that I lost the card when I took out my wallet.

I took a screenshot of all my scores, since I knew I'd lose them on recovery, and recovered my rank. It gave me a chance to reappreciate the game, as I recovered my technical scores. Also I got better scores on my missions because I redid everything from 1-20. You get bonus exp when you complete a mission for the first time, right? Does that apply when you recover your card as well? Or you actually don't get any bonuses for first time completion?
Back to top Go down
unregistered
Sub DJ
Sub DJ

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:11 pm

Elitista(Steph) wrote:
^Hope you find it Very Happy

---

T^T Finally transferred my data T^T lol

Wow Steph, your weeklies and monthlies are still intact despite the Card Recovery :O
(unless I spoke too soon...)
Back to top Go down
Smiles
Middleman
Middleman

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:44 pm

nlite wrote:
personally i haven't, but i know albert (bebeau) lost his card. he's under the alias of =D2>SOS= now.

i thought he retired? o.O
Back to top Go down
nlite
Sub DJ
Sub DJ

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:50 pm

don't be silly. it's albert Razz
Back to top Go down
Tequila(Steph)
Trendsetter
Trendsetter
Tequila(Steph)

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Yeah. I wasn't shocked when I heard it was him =))

@Fenrir
I'll see. I haven't played on an online machine yet haha.
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:20 pm

@Fenrir
Weeklies don't clear. Everything else does.
Back to top Go down
Tequila(Steph)
Trendsetter
Trendsetter
Tequila(Steph)

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:23 pm

^cool O:
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:29 pm

@Steph
I've transferred twice so far (one more time if I don't find my wallet in the next couple of days) so I know exactly what stays. You keep your experience as well so you won't have to work from 0% Grandmaster Smile
Back to top Go down
Tequila(Steph)
Trendsetter
Trendsetter
Tequila(Steph)

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 pm

^LOL Okay Very Happy Thanks Very Happy

What I was actually worrying about was my record of weeklies D: Now there'll be a gap in my records because I was thinking twice on switching cards for the whole duration of last week XD
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:13 am

Ah well.. if it makes you feel any better, I didn't even play the last weekly. Couldn't be fucked cos it looked as boring as diarrhea (OK, I'm lying here.. diarrhea isn't quite that boring).
Back to top Go down
Tequila(Steph)
Trendsetter
Trendsetter
Tequila(Steph)

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:02 am

lol. it's a shallow reason, really XD I'm not depressed about it or anything. I'll just treat it as a motivation to go for vanquisher XD
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:20 am

I'm just wondering.. someone else mentioned this but I've been thinking about it for a while as well. You get 10 exp points per S rank.. 9 for every A rank etc.. Then you get a bonus for every first clear of missions, specials and technical sets (I think - not sure about the specials and sets).. What if you needed to transfer.. would you still get the bonuses again since your scores are wiped and you technically haven't completed any if them? Could be exactly what you are after if you wanna save time to get to Vanquisher.
Back to top Go down
Tequila(Steph)
Trendsetter
Trendsetter
Tequila(Steph)

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:45 am

^I don't know really. Actually, I was thinking of that. My guess is that yeah, I'll get bonus points again o.o since my records were erased from the system.

BTW, specials and weeklies give bonus exp on the first finish Smile
Back to top Go down
mas*b8
High Class

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 5:33 am

Cool. That's good to know if I ever decide to grind up to Grandmaster (Vanq is probably too far away).
Back to top Go down
myojin
Middleman
Middleman
myojin

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:40 am

I hope someone can clarify that. I tried it when I recovered my card, I got around 15% for completing mission 1-20 again. I was a Mix Master that time. I want to try experimenting with that sometime, but that would cost me two data cards, and I'm not that bored/curious yet.

Anyway, it's something positive to think about when you lose your card and are forced to recover to keep your rank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Losing your card Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your card   Losing your card Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Losing your card
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next