DJ Max Technika 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine

Go down 
+6
AceMilo._.
Restinpeace5
Azure
Saddy
icecold
Pasonia
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pasonia
Trainee
Trainee

[Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Empty
PostSubject: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:43 am

Hi guys.

This is a bit impromptu so please don't mind.

I want to hold a mini-competition next Sunday or next 2 Sundays (4th April 2010 or 11th April 2010) at Orchard Cineleisure, 2pm onwards. It will not be a highest-scores contest but rather, a single-elimination knockout contest, for the fun of it. If this pilot works, a larger contest may be organised during May.

For now, I'm looking for the following:

1. Competitors.

Since I also want to compete, that leaves 7 spots to compete for.

2. Co-planners.

I need anyone who wants to help me plan the event to email me at pasonia@gmail.com. Of course, technically a competition at this size I can run by myself but it'll help to see how I can allocate help and setup some ground rules.

The initial idea is this for the competition.

Round of 8 - Electro Set
Round of 4 - Heartbeat Set
Finals - Customiser.

Every person will be assumed to have a camera phone of their own so they can take down the pictures of their final scores as proof at the end of their round.

Any ideas and suggestions most welcome!
Back to top Go down
icecold
Mix Master
Mix Master
icecold

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:45 pm

i got no camera phone
Back to top Go down
Saddy
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:17 pm

What about $$$ ?
I won't be competing(I`m so noob. >.<) ,
so i guess i will go and watch ...
and take LOAD of photos .. hehehe .
Back to top Go down
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Obviously you are looking for some fast cash!

Regarding the rules..

Round of 8 - Electro Set
Round of 4 - Heartbeat Set
Finals - Customiser.

What does this means? Since you say it's not a highest-score contest but single elimination knockout, what determines the knockout? score? lol

And prizeeeeee?

I can help I guess but not the first week of April as I have to host a guest from Aust.
Back to top Go down
Pasonia
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:49 pm

When I mean not highest score contest, I mean it's not a case where those who advance to the next round are determined by everyone's scores on the same map ala a league table.

Actually, come to think of it I may want to make every round unique by getting the players to roll a dice before they start their round. Like 1 = First Step, 2 = Electro, 3 = Core, 4 = HB, 5 = Customiser and 6 = Challenger.

I'm thinking whether we should use overall accuracy instead of overall score... that might make things a tad more challenging ^_^
Back to top Go down
Restinpeace5
Amateur
Amateur
Restinpeace5

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:13 am

okay.. im not taking part... i see 2 set which i hate already...

besides... going in with style playing will make me look like and idiot over there
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Restinpeace5?feature=mhw5
AceMilo._.
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:30 am

oh god.. heartbeat is the only set i can easily do... - -"
EDIT: btw, i'll join for fun if it's free and someone sponsor.
Back to top Go down
Middleman
Middleman

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:48 pm

Pasonia wrote:
When I mean not highest score contest, I mean it's not a case where those who advance to the next round are determined by everyone's scores on the same map ala a league table.

Actually, come to think of it I may want to make every round unique by getting the players to roll a dice before they start their round. Like 1 = First Step, 2 = Electro, 3 = Core, 4 = HB, 5 = Customiser and 6 = Challenger.

I'm thinking whether we should use overall accuracy instead of overall score... that might make things a tad more challenging ^_^

League format uh...

Sounds like a good idea, but then the dice isnt. Think of the djs who haven attained sub dj yet. (Using another card with challenger is... meh)

Overall accuracy. Meaning to say, % Max? Sounds interesting.

(Liddat hb and custom mus play area 7 and sin respectively liao)

But overall i support the idea of the mini-tourney, a good way to train for upcoming tourneys (Local or within our int'l crew)
Back to top Go down
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Using overall accuracy is pretty luck-based still I think.

Imagine you rolled 1 and it's accuracy-based. Then someone else rolled 6.. The winner is pretty much obvious if their skill is almost equal.. and let's just say if they can choose the 3 songs themselves which not all of us can play the same set..
Back to top Go down
Pasonia
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:24 pm

At this rate, I'm not sure how to even begin organising using the rules. I admit, the way it was thought out obviously favors the highly-skilled, and obviously the community that does come up here to play is a ways smaller than the actual technika community (which includes other DJs that may be skilled but are not online people, or kids).

When planning this I slowly found myself caught in a web of so-called unfairness, because of all that accuracy business shtick. I considered evaluating performance both on style play and eventual achievement, but I'm not one of those "So you think you can dance?" judges and I can't do an objective review. I also thought of accuracy, until someone pointed out to me that accuracy and score does in some cases come hand in hand.

At this rate we'll all be using pop mix basic songs/first ten missions to compete, and that's just ridiculous (although strictly speaking I don't mind).
Back to top Go down
Dango
High Class

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:20 am

.. err tat made up mind le thn say lol.. anw ask the nt competiting de to take photo.
Back to top Go down
http://dango-in-a-bento.blogspot.com
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:50 am

No matter what, you can't avoid the fact that the best performance player will win a "competition" otherwise it will be called a party instead.

If you want special.. erm... say gather the name of all people interested. random mix-up them into duos and Technical set (or just Popular but set of songs is the same for all duos) challenge. since it's random (or you try to average the people to skills, like some good players + a weak player or so) then the skill of the duo is pretty much on a unprecedent level.. Just my 3cents!
Back to top Go down
Dango
High Class

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:15 am

o_o.. can we add no bugging? LOL
Back to top Go down
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:12 am

Up to him, anything works. even.. bug the whole song no matter what... might be fun.
Back to top Go down
Dango
High Class

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:34 am

no no juz 1 song without bugging enuff xD.. EOTM
Back to top Go down
Pasonia
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:40 pm

In all games there exists three tiers of players; the casual, the experienced, and the pros. The casual are those who consistently C or below national anthem, as an example, the experienced are people who might be able to all combo simple songs but struggle at TP sets, and the pros are anyone who can full-combo EOTM (ahem).

I agree that a weak+pro pairing system is a good way of ensuring fairness but, how the f are we gonna do that? I don't remember the Melty Blood community doing the same, if what Rest told to me in private was to be used as reference, and, call me hopeless but I just don't geddit.
Back to top Go down
Dango
High Class

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:03 pm

hmm ok.. so we held three competition the casual the experienced and the pro. n thn icy will win the pro becuz he's the only 1 capable of joining.. lol str8 win
Back to top Go down
Pasonia
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:21 pm

I didn't want to call the pros "people who exceed x score in technical total no randomiser" but yes, that example kind of gives people the wrong idea of who I mean.

Notice by the way - this competition will be rescheduled to a date I will announce later. Most likely (but no guarantee) on the 17th instead.
Back to top Go down
Dango
High Class

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:40 pm

i still dun get wat ur competition do -.-..
Back to top Go down
Pasonia
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Competition is to compete la. Except what will be used to determine the winner is still being discussed because people left and right keep saying unfair unfair.
Back to top Go down
icecold
Mix Master
Mix Master
icecold

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Pasonia wrote:
In all games there exists three tiers of players; the casual, the experienced, and the pros. The casual are those who consistently C or below national anthem, as an example, the experienced are people who might be able to all combo simple songs but struggle at TP sets, and the pros are anyone who can full-combo EOTM (ahem).

I agree that a weak+pro pairing system is a good way of ensuring fairness but, how the f are we gonna do that? I don't remember the Melty Blood community doing the same, if what Rest told to me in private was to be used as reference, and, call me hopeless but I just don't geddit.

why not the 3 tiers come in the form of ...

1st-4th
5th-8th
9th-12th

then every set of 4 will fight it out among themselves .
Back to top Go down
-Miyuki-
Trainee
Trainee
-Miyuki-

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:18 pm

should do a fun round of casual compy like...

lite mode - popular mode - technical mode. LOL. ^^v

breaking down:

lite - 3 songs - 1 round ; like it's an entry round. (with effectors. definitely. xD)

pop - 3 songs - 2 rounds each of the same (decided) song. (effectors are optional, yes, no?)
take the total best score. do the rankings. Very Happy
like it'll be awesome if more than 20 ppl join... then top 10 or 15 move on. lol.
(kinda like the jubeat one. Very Happy)

tech - decide on a set & song order - 2 rounds each. take total best score.
(then again... this one is hard to decide, cuz it depends on your gameplay to decide your last song.)
Back to top Go down
Pasonia
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:50 pm

I have a few ideas.

1. SP League
2. PP League

I now propose a monthly SP pattern battle, to be held within the week of any new SP's launch.

Yes I know I'm a bastard to use the SP as the ranking criteria, and to exclude the weaker players, but I've had enough of tethering and yielding.

If we're going to cater to the others, the newbie crowd, they'll instead all play a super-simple set made primarily of tougher/tricker PP tunes.

I propose that to qualify for the SP League a player will have to be able to do this:

0. I figure I should say this first - get a Platinum Crew Account (lol)
1. Complete Cotton Candy with The Night Stage
2. Complete Heartbeat Set with Area 7 (accuracy test)
3. Complete Customiser with SIN (accuracy test)

Alternatively, a player who can fulfill criteria 0 but is able to win that week's PP league will be allowed to enter the SP league on the following month. Conversely, the last-placed player of the SP league for the month will be demoted to the PP league.

The time length for a league can be extended to 3 months, and then double the number of meetings (which makes the league bi-monthly). To be fair to everybody, the location will either be DBG (not preferred due to single machine) or Cineleisure, and if players are unable to turn up but still wants to join in the league will either be at Lot 1 (for the West-siders) or Tampines ONE (for the East-siders).

That's my new idea at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Lol YAY I'm in PP League LOL

just don't give it too much thought, can always improvise the next compy in future :O
Back to top Go down
Pasonia
Trainee
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:58 am

Now accepting entries for the PP League. The top half of the PP League on the first PP League Week will automatically qualify to SP League which will happen 2 weeks after.

PP League Week 1 Set:
JBG
Melody
Cherokee

PP League will only start when 8 entries or more has been received.

Someone please clone this message to the cafe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine   [Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Planning Phase] Unofficial SG Competition @ Cine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next