DJ Max Technika 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Very New To The Game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
x56735x

Very New To The Game Empty
PostSubject: Very New To The Game   Very New To The Game Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:21 am

Hello all,

I just saw this game at my local arcade and now I'm hooked. I had to go to another arcade to get a card and started to finally play songs that I could save an achievement on. I just have a couple of questions...

1. When you play, there are special challenges...when you complete them, you can choose between 3 choices. Sometimes I get a song, but it's a song thats already available. And sometimes I get songs that are already available but am able to play during the first set, second set, third. How can you tell the difference in what you choose?
2. On the MaxPointShop...there are letters "S", "A", "B" etc... on the top left of the stuff to purchase...what do those letters mean?
3. Is buying songs the only way to get the new ones? (I play Pop mostly...and some songs...(D^2...and Thor for example) aren't in the list...how do I see or get the other 100's of songs to play?

I have so many more questions but those are the ones bugging me the most. I'm sure I'll have to refer back to the forums for more answers.
Thanks so much for the time and consideration in reading this!
Back to top Go down
myojin
Middleman
Middleman
myojin

PostSubject: Re: Very New To The Game   Very New To The Game Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:45 am

1. No way to tell, haha. You'd have to look for it on your next pop game (hoping it's there, and not at star mixing!)

2. Those are rank. In special challenges, you can only win items rank D - B, while special surprise challenges get you A - C. Then you cannot get S from any form of surprise challenge.

3. Some songs are only playable (even their NM notes) once you buy them. Thor, D2, Outlaw, Xlasher, etc. are not available at the start.

Hope that helps... these forums don't have much activity nowadays, heheh.
Back to top Go down
x56735x

PostSubject: Re: Very New To The Game   Very New To The Game Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:15 am

Thanks very much for the quick reply. Thats super helpful!
Back to top Go down
myojin
Middleman
Middleman
myojin

PostSubject: Re: Very New To The Game   Very New To The Game Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:18 am

Haha no problem... just bored here in the office.
Back to top Go down
x56735x

PostSubject: Re: Very New To The Game   Very New To The Game Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:00 am

Hello again.

I was wondering, since there are many songs that you would have to either unlock or purchase from the max point shop, is there a way to preview or listen to the song before buying it? Or is everything just going to be a gamble?

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
myojin
Middleman
Middleman
myojin

PostSubject: Re: Very New To The Game   Very New To The Game Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:27 am

I usually use youtube, the DJMAX OSTs or other people's games.

The HD/MX versions of a song are the same thing. I usually watch someone playing before I decide to buy it myself.
Back to top Go down
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

PostSubject: Re: Very New To The Game   Very New To The Game Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:36 am

Hi x56735x

Where do you play?! And also since you are new, may I direct you to this wiki page contributed by many players which I believe will help you tons. http://www.cyphergate.net/wiki/index.php?title=DJMAX_Technika_2

As for your question above, the easiest way to "preview" is by youtube! In the MPS (Max Point Shop) page - http://www.cyphergate.net/wiki/index.php?title=DJMAX_Technika_2:Max_Point_Shop

I have linked the difficulty of the songs to their respective video but only songs/charts which are introduced in Technika2 are linked so if you see charts which aren't linked means it's existed in Technika1 and thus, lefting them out.

However you can still search the Technika1 video in youtube too, just change the difficulty name and you should be able to find it. NM = PP, HD = TP, MX = SP

e.g. Melody HD in Technika2 is called Melody TP in Technika1, First Kiss MX is called First Kiss SP, Thor NM is called Thor PP

Only a few charts doesn't correspondence the same which is Sweet Shining Shooting Star (PP=HD, TP=NM), End of the Moonlight (TP=MX, SP=HD) and.. I forgot some others.
Back to top Go down
x56735x

PostSubject: Re: Very New To The Game   Very New To The Game Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:33 am

Wow ok thanks so much thats tons of information. Umm I play at Round 1 in Puente Hills CA. They didnt have any cards so I bought one at AI in Rowland Heights CA. Yah I was very intrigued as I witnessed both arcades test the machine and allow people play them for the first time. It wasnt long before I played a game or two to get hooked. It kinda reminded me of elite beat agents on the DS.
Back to top Go down
Azure
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
Azure

PostSubject: Re: Very New To The Game   Very New To The Game Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:47 am

Ahh nice! Welcome to poking dots club!
Back to top Go down
KYMMIES
Trendsetter
Trendsetter
KYMMIES

PostSubject: Re: Very New To The Game   Very New To The Game Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:24 am

Welcome to the forum& to the game Smile!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very New To The Game   Very New To The Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Very New To The Game
Page 1 of 1