DJ Max Technika 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DJ Max Technika Etiquette

Go down 
+18
Lee Haku
puruputotsky
Ravel
konata
Munashii
SnakeAes
Tuna
philz
Sticks
ran00
Kei-kun
Shion
Tomoyo Daidouji
*~*
Kano
-Miyuki-
icecold
sblmnlv2
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sticks
Mix Master
Mix Master
Sticks

DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:02 am

Haruka wrote:
yeah usually, these guys moved it completely away from the card line >=/
They were newbs I suppose? >_>

Time to print out a sign describing the card line and sticking it onto the machine? GW should prob do it too.
Back to top Go down
Tomoyo Daidouji
Professional
Professional

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:36 am

Let's see.

More rules more rules...

Always sit on the play pad again.
Back to top Go down
Shion
Sub DJ
Sub DJ
Shion

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:38 pm

@Tomoyo

And after about an hour you'll have numb-ass syndrome. Especially if they keep playing SSSS.
Back to top Go down
Tomoyo Daidouji
Professional
Professional

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:44 am

Sonozaki - Really?

I find it kinda fun sitting on it while it's vibrating.
Back to top Go down
Kano
Mix Master
Mix Master
Kano

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:50 am

Hmm.. I have never sat on the platform before.. Don't think I'll try it though..
Back to top Go down
Tuna
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:59 am

Apparently, some people think you're supposed to queue up from the left.
Maybe we should probably tell them about that rule that it actually starts from the right?
This happens a lot in Market City, and some guy took his turn before me because I put my card on the wrong side.
Back to top Go down
http://facteria-lab.info
Shion
Sub DJ
Sub DJ
Shion

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:23 am

Seriously. A piece of paper with the rules would work so well. (Just say it's from GW/TZ staff Wink)
Back to top Go down
Tuna
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:31 am

ye. uh, shall i type?
lol

however, rules must be in a really small font if there is to be a lot... sticking up song info on two A4 paper's asking for trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sticks
Mix Master
Mix Master
Sticks

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:41 am

There's not much to write:

Card queue system in effect, line up your ID/IC card (or GW/TZ play card) on the right side of the machine.
When you've finished play place your card again on the right side to the right of any existing cards, this is the back of the line.
If the person in front of the line is busy or unable to play, move their card to the left and the person second in line takes their turn. When the person originally supposed to take their turn is able to, they may do so after the person playing has finished.

Think that's about it.

Oh, and NO SWIPING MORE THAN ONCE.
Back to top Go down
Tuna
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:48 am

kk i guess i might as well print it out tonight... need manager's awwragght however.
hopefully the more mini the paper is the better.

someone dare me to stick this up in MC? betcha not even 10% of the people who play there won't get what it means.
Back to top Go down
Sticks
Mix Master
Mix Master
Sticks

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 am

Well ask the management of course, if they give you the 'ok' (or they decide to do it) it's all good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shion
Sub DJ
Sub DJ
Shion

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:09 am

Now there's no excuse for arseholey-ness.
Remember to say to bystanders not to stand within one foot of the machine when a person plays (unless to line up their card)
Back to top Go down
Tuna
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:10 am

um, have to be fully detailed but what happens when the person has their turn skipped?

like say the line is 5 6 7 1 2 3 4
and 5 is not available
so it would be 5 --- (6 playing) 7 8 1 2 3 4
and 5 plays next, making the line (5 playing) 7 8 1 2 3 4 6

resulting in 7 8 1 2 3 4 6 5

Shall we leave a gap for skipped players?
Back to top Go down
Sticks
Mix Master
Mix Master
Sticks

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 am

It's usually:
(card numbers) (bolded for playing)
1 2 3 4 5 6

1 isn't available, so 2 plays.
1______ 2 3 4 5 6

2 finishes playing, 1's still busy. 3 plays.

1______ 3 4 5 6 2

3 finishes and 1's able to play.

1 4 5 6 2 3.

the line ends up like this.

4 5 6 2 3 1.

Err, good luck putting it into words, lol
Back to top Go down
Tuna
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:10 am

ah, so basically if you skip your turn the lines goes askewed...
yeah it makes it fair.
Back to top Go down
Tomoyo Daidouji
Professional
Professional

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:41 am

We use a logbook here to keep tabs on who is playing.
Back to top Go down
Tuna
Amateur
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:51 am

alright, this is what i wrote up and will print for tomorrow at galaxy gs and timezone (i thought about market city but that was a meh situation)

• Line up your IC Technika card (or anything that will distinguish your turn), place it at the end of the line on the furthest right and shift the cards to the left
• Once you have finished playing, place your card at the end of the line
• If the next person playing is currently busy or not available, put their card at the furthest left and continue with the line
• Once the person has come back they may take their turn after the current player has finished. Their card must still be placed at the back of the line regardless of its original position.
• Do not swipe/insert credits more than once or while someone is currently playing

AND one called 'for best performance'
• Stay clear of the person playing on the stage. When plugging in earphones, wait till your turn comes
• Clean the screen often to avoid build up
• Mark or name your card to distinguish it from other similar IC cards
• Do not eat or drink while playing or while on the stage
• Place your IC Technika card on the queue only when nobody is playing
• Look at the line instead of asking when your turn is up
• Ask for permission to use the headphones
• To shorten waiting times, a player is skipped if they are not available within the next one minute
Back to top Go down
Sticks
Mix Master
Mix Master
Sticks

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 am

Tomoyo Daidouji wrote:
We use a logbook here to keep tabs on who is playing.

It's so inefficient though, and a waste of paper. Razz

@10[tu]80r wrote:
alright, this is what i wrote up and will print for tomorrow at galaxy gs and timezone (i thought about market city but that was a meh situation)

• Line up your IC Technika card (or anything that will distinguish your turn), place it at the end of the line on the furthest right and shift the cards to the left
• Once you have finished playing, place your card at the end of the line
• If the next person playing is currently busy or not available, put their card at the furthest left and continue with the line
• Once the person has come back they may take their turn after the current player has finished. Their card must still be placed at the back of the line regardless of its original position.
• Do not swipe/insert credits more than once or while someone is currently playing
Sounds good.

Quote :

AND one called 'for best performance'
Probably call it 'courtesy'.

Quote :

• Stay clear of the person playing on the stage. When plugging in earphones, wait till your turn comes
• Clean the screen often to avoid build up
This one's debatable lol, hard to drag when the screen's clean. Catch 22? Razz

Quote :

• Mark or name your card to distinguish it from other similar IC cards
• Do not eat or drink while playing or while on the stage
• Place your IC Technika card on the queue only when nobody is playing
Doesn't really matter when you place it, as long as you're careful and don't make all the cards drop onto the screen. If there's only a few cards then yeah, put it on whenever, if there's a giant card line snaking onto the middle section, wait until the person's done. Unless you're good at placing cards. Razz

Quote :

• Look at the line instead of asking when your turn is up
• Ask for permission to use the headphones
• To shorten waiting times, a player is skipped if they are not available within the next one minute
Or when they say to go ahead of them.
Back to top Go down
philz
Main DJ
Main DJ
philz

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:43 am

add:

If you kick/punch the machine, expect the same done to you by all players in the vicinity.
Back to top Go down
sblmnlv2
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
sblmnlv2

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:29 am

@ponyoooo - this man speaks the truth.
Back to top Go down
https://djmaxtechnikatp.forumotion.com
Sticks
Mix Master
Mix Master
Sticks

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:36 am

Yes, abuse the machine and you'll wake up with a horse's head in your bed.

*feels up GW's technika machine*
Back to top Go down
sblmnlv2
Pop DJ
Pop DJ
sblmnlv2

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:41 am

excuse me.. don't touch my boyfriend that way! go play more creator!
Back to top Go down
https://djmaxtechnikatp.forumotion.com
Haruka
Trainee
Trainee
Haruka

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:03 pm

No can do. We can't put up unauthorised signage, I told you this before Byron. It has to be official game signage or created/approved by TZ National Marketing.

Plus putting that up will seriously confuse any casuals -__-;; And for the record, most people don't even read signs, trust me lol. Eg customer spends 1 minute looking at 'Ticket out' area of ticket machine for their tickets. A sign is immediately next to/below the Ticket Out slot stating 'Tickets are automatically added to your card'. Customer will come and ask where the tickets are or tell me the machine is broken and not giving out tickets. Happens ALL the time.

Or like when we had the 3-in-1 machine with a button on it that switched game (and would kill your credit if you swiped first). People would confuse it with Start ALL the time. Even though Start was clearly labelled and next to the other button there was a sign saying 'WARNING if you press this the game will change and you will lose your credit.'

Just get to know everyone who plays regularly, maybe make fliers you can personally hand to people/newbies explaining how the system works. If someone is a random casual just excuse it, if they are just starting out talk to them/give them a flier. If you have issues with people repeatedly ignoring queues etc then tell us and we will talk to them.

Might I add that 'Do not line up two cards the queue' should be enforced. Everyone is waiting for a turn, if you want to play with two cards then you only put one card down as a queue marker. Also for those who don't use their Technika card as a queue marker, don't put your queue marker to the end of the line while you are playing, wait until after you have finished. Thankfully it seems people are pretty good on both these points now (unlike when the machine first came out)
Back to top Go down
Tomoyo Daidouji
Professional
Professional

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:45 pm

If you want it better, make a gate surrounding the machine.
Back to top Go down
*~*
Rookie
Rookie
*~*

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:52 am

Tomoyo Daidouji wrote:
If you want it better, make a gate surrounding the machine.

Better, create a velvet rope queue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DJ Max Technika Etiquette   DJ Max Technika Etiquette - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DJ Max Technika Etiquette
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next